Throughout the summer we have been looking back over last season’s Premier League stats keeping an eye out for any trends that we can cash-in on when the new season starts on 18th August.
In today’s email, we’re taking a look at last season’s most reliable home and away performers as well has investigating how well teams played against the top 4. As you would expect the top for teams in the premiership last season have some solid stats for football betting as do some of the league’s lower placed teams. The Premiership title holders Manchester City sport the most reliable stats.
The best football bets for the Premiership for 2011/2012 where,
Man City to win at home, with a ridiculously high strike rate of 100%.
Both teams have scored in 100% of Blackburns away games last season. Both teams to score bets ‘cashed in’ nicely.
Man City to score first at home, which they did in all of their home games last season.
Liverpool to win most corners. On average Liverpool won 6.2 corners more than their opponents. Backing Liverpool using a (-2) corner handicap bet won in 100% of matches.
Chelsea’s home games produce a lot of ‘over 2.5 goals’ results, 90% of matches in fact.
Best 3 Home Records 11/12
Man City are kings with a massive win rate
- Man City were unbeaten at home last season, winning 18 of their 19 home games. That’s a Premier League record they now hold alongside Man Utd (10/11) and Chelsea (05/06) for the most home wins in a season (20 teams).
- Bottom club Wolves had the worse home record winning just 3 of their 19 games, losing 13 of them. They conceded an average of 2.3 Goals per game at Molineux.
- Only Wigan, Aston Villa and the relegated pair of Bolton and Wolves won less games at home than Liverpool last season. Only once before have the Reds won fewer games at home in the league – 5 in 1948/49.
Best 3 Away Records 11/12
- Man Utd won 13 of their 19 away games. That’s 8 more games than they won the previous season when they won the title.
- Man City picked up maximum points against all the teams that finished in the bottom 6 places in the Premier League.
- West Brom won more times on the road (7) than they did at home (6) last season. Only relegated Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves lost more home games than the Baggies (10).
- QPR had the worse away record in the Premier League last season, winning just 3 games on the road, losing 14 of them.
- Only Man Utd (3) and Man City (5) lost fewer away games than Aston Villa (6) last season.
- Liverpool lost the same amount of away games as bottom club Wolves last season (10).
How teams performed against the top 4
- Aston Villa, Bolton, QPR, Swansea and West Brom lost all 4 of their away games against the Top 4 last season. Bolton and West Brom didn’t even manage a single goal in those games.
- Norwich and Wolves lost all 4 of their home games against the Top 4 last season.
- Both Man City and Man United scored first in every single home game last season.
- Both teams scored in 95% of Blackburn’s home games last season.
- 90% of home games at Chelsea produced ‘over 2.5 goals’.
Some Premiership betting stats that can not be ignored. The past can be used as a guide to the future, watch out for clubs that have changed key players, because their replacements remain untested. For up to the minute Premiership football tips check out Let’s Compare Bet’s on facebook. We will be doing some Premiership betting challenges for matches results, goal betting and more. Don’t forget to like the page to guarantee access to the Premiership tips for 2012 / 13 as they happen.
We recommend Betfair as your best betting partner. Get the best odds and the option to back something not to happen. For example, let’s say Man United are playing Aston Villa at home. From the stats we know that Aston Villa don’t play well against Man U at home and that Man U will almost certainly score first. Betfair will let me bet in the correct score market that there will not be a Man U 0 and Aston Villa 1 score line. That’s useful and can be used in lots of different betting markets. Go to Betfair to find out more.