Can the Greeks stop Russia’s ascent in group A? They need to our the Greek team is out. Russia can go through to the quarter finals with just a draw, but, to avoid a date with the Germans in the next round they need a goal. Greece V Russia kicks off Saturday 16th June, 7.45pm – live on BBC Three
(Referee: Jonas Eriksson).
Here are the key stats for the game,
- Russia are unbeaten in their last 16 games – winning 8 of them
- Greece have only won 3 of their last 10 games
- Greece were the lowest Scorers in Qualifying – scoring just 14 Goals
- Russia have conceded just 4 Goals in their last 13 games
- Greece have only kept 1 Clean Sheet in their last 8 games
- Greece received the most Yellow Cards of all the teams that qualified for Euro 2012
- Russia have received 2 Cards from their first 2 games – Greece have received 8
- Alan Dzagoev has got 7 Goals in his last 10 games for Russia – scoring the First Goal on 4 occasions
Russia has all the fire power and recent form to make this an easy win bet. Greece are also more likely to get more booking points than France. Alan Dzagoev is Russia’s red hot striker and is an obvious candidate for first goal scorer. Check out these bets with Betfair. The cash out button is great if the bet doesn’t go your way because it can be closed early. A clever feature of betting with Betfair.